Get Started with GTFO!
Please note: These instructions are pretty basic.
What is GTFO!?
GTFO! is a HUD-based game where players transport virtual freight from one GTFO! hub to another to gain XP and G$.
XP is similar to XP in other games. G$ is a virtual currency used to secure jobs. The more G$ you have, the more freight you may take on. G$ have no value except to provide escrow for new jobs.
How do I start?
To play the game, you need:
- A GTFO! HUD. There’s a free trial HUD available from most GTFO! hubs or on the SL Marketplace.
- A road, rail, water, air or space vehicle that supports GTFO!. There are many (including free ones) available in-world, and on the SL Marketplace.
- Follow the instructions in the GTFO! kit. You may need to add a script and notecard to the vehicle. Folks in the in-world group can help with that.
In its simplest form:
- Find a hub as a starting place. These are listed on the hubs list.
- Get in your vehicle.
- Attach your HUD and click it.
Get Cargo: Get a cargo job to a destination of your choosing.
Get Random*: Get a cargo job to a random destination.
Smuggling*: Get a smuggling job. Be careful with this one, you could lose G$, if you get caught by Customs!
List All Hubs: List all hubs in order of distance.
GTFO GROUP: Gives a link to the in-world group in chat.
Help: Gives a link to the this website.
* Random and smuggling jobs are only available after you have G$5000 and the full HUD.
A couple of things about G$
You won’t ever run out of G$. The game will make sure you have at least 100.
You will lose your G$ escrow, if you don’t complete a job. Cancel via the HUD, if you can’t finish your run.